skip to main content
Kindergarten Registration Begins May 1; Kindergarten Roundup May 10 at Individual Schools
Posted On:
Thursday, March 29, 2018

Beginning Tuesday, May 1, parents may register their children for kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year in the Douglas County School System. Parents may register students who will be in grades 1-12 and are new to the school system beginning June 1, 2018.   

To save time, parents are encouraged to begin the registration process online at   

After completing the online registration document, parents must visit Central Registration at 4841 Highway 5, Douglasville. Central Registration is located in the building behind the Murray Educational Center. Student registration is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.  

Kindergarten Roundup May 10 

Each Douglas County elementary school will hold a Kindergarten Roundup on Thursday, May 10, 2018.  Parents will have an opportunity to register their upcoming kindergartener at the school located in their attendance area. School assignment is based on the address of the parent or guardian’s legal residence. (To find the school in your attendance are, click here and enter your address.) Hours for Kindergarten Roundup vary by school. Click for a list.

Georgia law requires that kindergarten students be five years old on or before Sept. 1, 2018. 

The following documents are needed to complete the registration process at Central Registration or at the individual schools for Kindergarten Roundup on May 10:

·         Certified Copy of Birth Certificate

·         Georgia Immunization Form 3231 (complete for school)

·         Georgia Eye, Ear, Dental and BMI Form 3300 (must be completed within 12 months prior to enrollment in a Georgia School)

·         Student’s Social Security Card or Waiver

·         Parent/Legal Guardian’s Photo ID

·         Custody/Guardianship Papers signed by a judge (if applicable)

·         Last Report Card (if applicable) Showing Promotion (not for kindergarten registration)

·         Discipline history for Middle and High School Students

·         Student’s Transcript for all High School Students

·         Proof of Residency - The following items are accepted as proof of residency:

o   If you rent: You must bring a CURRENT lease agreement and a CURRENT utility bill or connection receipt. Your utility bill or connection receipt must have your name and current address and be no more than 30 days old.  When renting a home from another party, the signature of the homeowner and renter must be on the lease and notarized.

o   If you own:  You must bring your CURRENT mortgage statement or tax bill and a CURRENT utility or connection receipt.  Your utility bill or connection receipt must have your name and current address and be no more than 30 days old.

Please remember to check with your doctor or the local health department to complete and update the immunization record for your child.  It is required that all students’ immunization is in 100% compliance. 

For additional information, call 770-651-2050 or go to Student Registration is listed under the Departments tab.