Ms. Pam Nail, Associate Superintendent for Student Achievement and Leadership
View more pictures
The opening of the 2012-2013 school year is filled with anticipation for students and staff. A number of administrative changes for the upcoming school year will welcome familiar faces to new roles. Recent central administrative change approvals by the Douglas County Board of Education that are in effect on or before July 1, 2012 are as follows:
- Pam Nail is now the Associate Superintendent for Student Achievement and Leadership. She previously served as Area Director in the same department.
- Renee Davis will be the Executive Director of Student Services effective July 1. Ms. Davis previously served as Title I Director.
- Cathy Swanger was named the Area Executive Director for Student Achievement and Leadership effective July 1. She previously served as Principal of Mirror Lake Elementary School.
- George Chip will be the Coordinator of Student Services effective July 1. He previously held the position of Assistant Principal at Alexander High School.
Many schools will also be welcoming new administrators. Recent appointees include:
- Angela Holley will be an Assistant Principal at New Manchester High School. Her most recent position was Science Instructional Coach at Lithia Springs High School.
- Christi McLendon will be an Assistant Principal at Bill Arp Elementary. She was a teacher of gifted students at Mirror Lake Elementary School.
Principal appointments and transfers for 2012-2013 announced earlier in the spring include:
- Dr. Garrick Askew, Principal of Lithia Springs High School
- Dr. Fred Ervin, Principal of Yeager Middle School
- Dr. Marissa Ogando, Principal of Burnett Elementary School
- Julie Pierce, Principal of Bill Arp Elementary School
- Alesia Stanley, Principal of New Manchester Elementary School
Assistant Principal appointments and transfers for 2012-2013 made earlier in the spring include:
- Erika Cooper, Assistant Principal of North Douglas Elementary School
- Brad Corbett, Assistant Principal of Sweetwater Elementary School
- April Gaines, Assistant Principal of Holly Springs Elementary School
- Lisa Golden, Assistant Principal of Bright Star Elementary School
- Daryl Holman, Assistant Principal of Factory Shoals Middle School
- Kim Johnson, Assistant Principal of New Manchester Elementary School
- Larry Moore, Assistant Principal of Douglas County High School